sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } > /* Bottom layout */

Liberal TreeHugger

I am a conservative but unlike the current breed of "conservatives" I do not believe that the Republican Party is conservative. The current administration is hell bent on spending money taking away rights and playing a shell game with our taxes. I am starting this post to be a direct assault on the radical conservative movement that seeks to distort the record, lie and dupe the American voters into believing they care, are right, and are conservative.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tu ba or not tu ba

Our dad was very musical and I remember growing up how enthusiastic he was about music. He had this hi-fi system that had the speakers up in the wall in stereo back when that was really a still new cool technology.
He would put on earphones and sing the "harmony line" or hum along while the rest of the family sat in horror and amazement at the horrific sounds that emanated. Then he would pull off the phones and say "what? Have you never heard harmony before?" We of course had heard harmony before but it never sounded like what he was doing.
We were encouraged to play instruments. No we were expected to play a musical instrument.
Stew played the trombone because he really like the 101 trombones song.
He was really good. He got honors and Dad was really proud of him.
I played French Horn but I was only able to jam. I didn't like any of the music we were reading and so I just played what sounded good to my ear.
I was only able to hang on in band for a year and a half.
Stew on the other hand got really good and at some point the band leader (Mr. Cannon) asked him to play Tuba because no one was doing it and there was no one else good enough to pick it up and make it sound good.
I remember he won superior awards every year for like four years in a row on the Tuba.
We were all really proud of him.

So I was wrong to say that he is a single issue voter. He is Very Pro-Tuba...

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Stew Magoo said...

I expect "Award Winning Tubist" on my gravestone.

:)

How you feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home