sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } > /* Bottom layout */

Liberal TreeHugger

I am a conservative but unlike the current breed of "conservatives" I do not believe that the Republican Party is conservative. The current administration is hell bent on spending money taking away rights and playing a shell game with our taxes. I am starting this post to be a direct assault on the radical conservative movement that seeks to distort the record, lie and dupe the American voters into believing they care, are right, and are conservative.

Monday, May 23, 2005

For the Record

I wanted to say for the record,
Jeff is not an idiot.

I was acting from an emotional place that defied rationality and reason.
He is very smart as anyone who looks into his blog:
Jeff's site">can see for themselves.

I do think that I made a point of calling him smart. The idiot comment really only applied to his attitude of suppressing dissenting views and open discussion.
I think it is idiotic to say to the world that your opinion is the only one that is allowed.
Now to defend him, it is his site.
He can do whatever he wants.
I would just say that if one wished to keep dissenting opinions from being posted then turning off the ability to comment is really the only way to do it besides censoring the comments after the dissenter posts them.
I like to get at a more granular version of the truth as it is seen. I am one of those people who do not believe that any issue is polarized and absolute.
The more we discuss and pose rhetorical questions the more opportunity we have to enhance our perspective.

So Pony Tailed Conservative, I'm posting here an apology for the idiot comment. Thank you for the challenge and I'll really do my best to prove that this is not just a meaningless post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home