sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } > /* Bottom layout */

Liberal TreeHugger

I am a conservative but unlike the current breed of "conservatives" I do not believe that the Republican Party is conservative. The current administration is hell bent on spending money taking away rights and playing a shell game with our taxes. I am starting this post to be a direct assault on the radical conservative movement that seeks to distort the record, lie and dupe the American voters into believing they care, are right, and are conservative.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Pony Tailed Conservative Can't Deal

With anyone on his site expressing a dissenting viewpoint...

I think it is an excellent parallel in the current debate in the Senate.

Instead of listening to a different view that is held by a large number of people, because it differs or contradicts what he believes and espouses, he has to remove it.

He says it was off topic. I think that connecting the little things that happen around us to the big picture involves moving away from the topic sometimes.
I doubt that it was so much "off topic" as it was that he really didn't have an intelligent retort.
Well things are different here at MY site.

Please feel free to discuss items that are of importance to you here at MY blog.

If you disagree I want to hear about it. I will listen and try to understand where you are coming from.
If I can't understand we can study and debate the issues until we either see where the other is coming from or agree that we have an impasse and will never be able to gain the perspective. Then we can move on. I will not remove or deny you the right to express yourself.
Thank you all for visiting. You make my little experiment in journalism so much more fun an experience than it would be if I mandated all the content.
I still think the Gitmo guards flushed the Koran and Newsweek had it right.
Who takes the Defense Departments word on anything anyway???
Jeff you are a very smart idiot.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scot, the problem wasn't with dissent. The problem was with your inability to stay on topic. The topic was the inflammatory Newsweak story.

I let you wander and wander and wander until we were arguing gamma radiation from depleted uranium. Only an idiot could think that depleted uranium is related to flushing Korans down the toilet.

I warned you repeatedly to return to the topic of the thread. You were removed because of your inability to do so.

As I told you at the time: want to argue nuclear physics with me? Fine. Blog about it. Make me interested enough to want to comment.

Don't just jump into a thread of mine at random and try to hijack it for your purposes. That is rude, and at my place, as long as it IS my place, won't be tolerated.

Oh - and "ponytailed" is one word. No biggie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home