sidebar { width: 226px; float: right; } > /* Bottom layout */

Liberal TreeHugger

I am a conservative but unlike the current breed of "conservatives" I do not believe that the Republican Party is conservative. The current administration is hell bent on spending money taking away rights and playing a shell game with our taxes. I am starting this post to be a direct assault on the radical conservative movement that seeks to distort the record, lie and dupe the American voters into believing they care, are right, and are conservative.

Friday, October 05, 2007

"This Government Does Not Torture"

riiiiight uh okay then we'll just ignore the torture and the memo calling for torture to be used. And the people who've been tortured? Well they are all just mistaken.
To me there is no difference between Bush saying we don't torture and Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky" except Clinton was under oath.

I think it is past time when any government representative be automatically under oath when they take the podium and speak to the American people. Congress should pass a law that elected officials and their staff are under oath to tell the truth when in front, behind, or anywhere under the official seal of this government.

Otherwise these people will lie and call it a mis-interpretation or mis-statement.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Stew Magoo said...

I completely agree with you Bro. It seems that it is a bipartisan effort to outright LIE to constituents.

Since I find myself agreeing with you (imagine my horror) I would love to hear more of your thoughts on this.

Personally I see the imperative for politicians to lie made manifest in various vote buying programs.

Oh and there's something screwed up with your commenting. You might want to change the format of your comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home